HPEJ has taken steps to ensure that all open access articles published by HPEJ are deposited in a number of safe open access archives. open access to the articles published is guaranteed to continue via those archives. In addition, once an article has been published, we do not allow it to be changed, leading to the following policies.
HPEJ Publications are deposited in and available from digital archives. To guarantee long-term digital preservation, content published is deposited in the CLOCKSS archives. The “About” page of the journal's website provides detailed information on the Abstracting & Indexing services covering these titles.
The full text of all HPEJ articles is immediately available to all without registration or subscription. This means that search engines such as Google Scholar can index them fully, greatly increasing their visibility.
The full text of all research articles published by HPEJ is also available on hpej.net
The Public Knowledge Program (PKP) Preservation Network ( PN) :
- provides preservation services for any OJS journal that has published at least one article and has an ISSN and is running OJS 3.1.2 or newer
- allows OJS journal managers to register their journals for inclusion in the PKP PN by simply enabling a plugin in their OJS instance and agreeing to the terms of the Preservation Agreement
- on registration of a journal, automatically determines if the registered journal meets the minimum inclusion requirements
- preserves the raw journal content as generated by OJS’s existing export tools
- automatically harvests new content from registered journals and adds the content to the PKP PN, eliminating manual staff intervention at PN member sites